Wednesday, January 4, 2012

WhirlyGlobe 1.2 - Imminent

I'm just about to release WhirlyGlobe 1.2. This week is pretty likely, early next week at the latest.

Delay, Delay, Delay

I was hoping to wrap this up in November; now it's January. I blame my "clients" with their requests for "work" they're "paying" me for. Bastards. They're still out there, but I've cleared myself a little time to wrap this sucker up.

I've got developers using preliminary versions of 1.2 already. It looks pretty good. In fact, I'd go so far as to call it snazzy.

Looking Past 1.2

I have a 1.3 released planned with one or two big features. I'll talk more about that after 1.2 is out.

WhirlyGlobe 1.3 is likely to have most of the features I consider essential for a 3D interactive globe toolkit. Anything beyond that I'll probably let clients drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment