- Lofted Polygons; there's a blog post. They're pretty.
- Tweaks to the shape display (cylinders, spheres, etc).
- The Component now supports locally paged spherical earth quad tree layers.
- The sample app now does the globe (WhirlyGlobe) and the map (Maply).
- Lighting! It's sort of 'eh', but getting better. At least you can control it now.
- Shaders... yeah, I'd stay away from this one. I need it for client work, but I'm not sure what direction it's going to go.
- Lots and lots of random bug fixes.
This is also the first beta I'm putting out for Maply. The data structures are the same, and the controls similar. Just create a MaplyViewController instead of a WhirlyGlobeViewController and you're off.