Thursday, May 2, 2013

Two Apps: Global Schooner and Pray 2x714

Here are a couple of apps that developers have put together recently I'd like to highlight.  I had nothing to do with these other than answering a question or two along the way.

Global Schooner
Pray 2x714




















Global Schooner is an app for Prairie Schooner Magazine showing where their authors are located around the world.  I like the subdued icons and the corner based navigation.

Pray 2x7:14 is an app by Rueben Thiessen and seems to be a bit of a social network for prayer.  I like his use of great circles, very nice visual.

Both of these are great examples of what you can do with the WhirlyGlobe-Maply Component without too much trouble.  These are far removed from the iPad melting insanity I make my living at and are just the sort of specialty apps I love to see using the toolkit.

I'm way behind on apps, so feel free to bug me if I haven't posted yours yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment