Saturday, June 8, 2013

State Of The Map - San Francisco 2013

I'm giving a talk this year's at State Of The Map (US) in San Francisco.  This is unrelated to the fact that I live in San Francisco, but convenient nonetheless.

The Talk


It's all about vector display on iOS devices using OpenStreetMap data.  Scintillating.

The green is marijuana cultivation.
You can go grab the slides there.

The talk is based on my toolkit, WhirlyGlobe-Maply, unsurprisingly, and an app I built for fetching vector tiles from the US OpenStreetMap server and displaying them.

The App


The app, called osmmobilevectors, is on github and you can clone the repository, build it and put it on your own device.  I mean, you're set up to do that, right?  Of course you are.

Lots of interesting little bits and pieces went into the WhirlyGlobe-Maply toolkit to make this happen.  I'll break it down for all three of my loyal readers next week.