Sunday, July 7, 2013

StrataLogica 2.0

This is a beast of an app based on WhirlyGlobe.

Woo!  Topical!
They've got a free mode, so I suggest checking it out.

The 2.0 version just came out and it's a lot of new functionality and a whole new interface.  You can draw on the globe.  I kid you not.

They're going for schools here.  Teachers, students, geography, history, that sort of thing.

WhirlyGlobe


Of course it's all about me, so yes it's using WhirlyGlobe-Maply.  More WhirlyGlobe than Maply, for sure.  StrataLogic 1.0 was using WhirlyGlobe, but I never got around to posting about it.  Er, duh.

Anyway, without going into too much (any) detail on the inner workings, there are a lot of moving parts here.  The interface is entirely the product of a talented team at RoundArch Isobar.  The data sets are shared with the desktop version, which is based on Google Earth and owned by HerffJones-Nystrom.

I did the globe portion, as you might guess.  That may look like the big piece, but trust me, it ain't.  That interface is pretty deep.

WrapUp


These guys have been a client for the better part of a year and it's nice working with a team.  They've been willing to experiment and bring the necessary resources to bear.  I think the result speaks for itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment