|Now with 0.1 more functionality|
What's In 2.1Some of the less exciting changes are covered in various blog posts. The good stuff is as follows.
- Lofted Polygons. They're pretty.
- Auto-layout for makers and labels. Now you can display lots of labels.
- More shapes, like great circles and such.
- Now based on OpenGL ES 2.0 which allows for stuff like shaders.
- Continuous zoom mode for getting really, really close to the ground.
- The git project uses submodules for dependencies and data. Easier to build.
- Many bug fixes and performance improvements.
The high level Component is now functional enough to do just about anything you can do with the low level API. The WhirlyGlobe-Maply Component interface is pure Objective-C, making it easier on developers.
As always, the WhirlyGlobe-Maply page is your main source of download instructions.
Shockingly, WhirlyGlobe-Maply 2.2 is next. It's already underway in the develop branch. At this point it's looking like a performance release. Crazy good performance.